Special Announcement from Dr. Bates
Dr. Bates has worked at Carolina Pediatrics for 10 years. She has had an interest in mental health since medical school and is excited to focus her attention on the mental health and wellness for our patients at Carolina Pediatrics.
Dr. Bates will be available for the evaluation and management of learning/school difficulties, ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and other related concerns.
She will work as a team with patients, caregivers, schools, and specialists in determining and providing the best individualized care for the patient.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT OUR FIRST VISIT?
Initial evaluations may require several separate visits (30-60 min per visit) which may include the following:
- Parent interview to obtain history/background
- Patient interview/examination
- Screening tools/testing
- Discussion of the results of the evaluation
- Development of an individualized plan (including medication when indicated)
- For school related concerns, the patient’s teachers will be contacted for additional information.
Refill requests should be made by calling our office. Refill requests will be processed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
For non-urgent issues, please send a message to Dr. Bates through the portal.
For urgent issues, please call the office for immediate assistance.