COVID-19 Office Updates
Thank you for your patience as we evaluate each day the best way for us to help our patients remain healthy and safe, while balancing the real risks of exposing your child to other patients, staff, and providers during this pandemic.
UPDATED: September 2021
The pandemic has caused us to make changes in many ways that we run the office practice. Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate the best way for us to help our patients remain healthy and safe, while balancing the real risks of exposing your child to other patients, staff, and providers during each stage of the pandemic. As the CDC, OSHA and NC Health Department adjusts guidelines, we will adapt as soon as possible.
Masking Policy: There have been many changes in policy over the past months in regards to masking in public based on vaccination status, etc. Please remember that healthcare settings, such as hospitals and doctors’ offices, have different recommendations and guidelines than general public places. Masking is still required in healthcare settings. Therefore, our masking policy remains in effect.
Per CDC, OSHA and NC Health Department, everyone age 2 and above must wear a mask when entering the building at all times while at Carolina Pediatrics. Thank you for your understanding.
We will continue to monitor for policy changes and update our policy when recommendations change.
What we are still doing:
- We physically separate “sick” and “well” patients
- We encourage remote check-in while you remain in your car once you arrive at the office.
- Our medical assistants try to meet you as soon as you enter the building, and then directly take you to the examination room
- At the end of the visit, you may leave the building. All billing and collections will be done remotely.
- We offer tele-medicine when possible for appropriate indications.
- We call ahead and screen all patients with appointments to minimize the risk of possible Covid-19 infected individuals entering the building.
- We offer curbside visits when clinically indicated based on COVID symptoms and/or exposure.
- Infection Control
- We follow the recommended CDC, OSHA and NC Health Department These guidelines may differ from the state guidelines due to our status as a medical facility.
- Our staff and physicians are screened for Covid-19 symptoms before reporting to work each day. All visitors to our office are screened for COVID-19 Symptoms before entering our office.
- We follow CDC recommendations for environmental cleaning and infection control. Currently, our office is professionally cleaned both mid-day and at the end of the day.
- We follow a Universal Face Covering policy (for individuals 2 years of age and over) for all visitors, employees, physicians, staff, patients, and family members regardless of vaccination status. CDC and OSHA has not released healthcare facilities from this protocol.
- We are screening patients (both well and sick) and their caregivers for symptoms of Covid-19 before they present to the office.
- We are discouraging walk-in appointments.
- We follow CDC and OSHA recommendations for PPE for our staff and physicians.
- We currently can collect samples for Covid-19 PCR testing in our office if a patient presents with symptoms consistent with Covid-19. The samples are picked up and run by an outside lab.
- We do not offer Rapid COVID tests at this time.
- We can offer screening tests for camps, sports, and colleges. Please contact our office for questions.
- We also utilize the PCR testing capabilities of the Moses Cone Hospital system as well as NCDHHS approved testing sites.
- As of now, the Pfizer vaccine is approved for our patients 12 years old and up. We recommend all patients receive the vaccine if they are eligible.
- We are not currently providing the COVID vaccine in our office. We will notify all of our patients once we are able to offer the vaccine.
What you can do:
- Notify us when you arrive, using the remove check-in link. Remain in your car through the check in process
- Begin to enter the building only when prompted to do so. Please be prepared to leave your car as soon as you complete the check in process. Our medical assistants are ready to escort you to the exam room as soon as you are notified that we are ready.
- Please continue to remain 6 feet apart when entering and exiting our building.
- Please complete all screening tools PRIOR to your appointment (that you will have received through our check-in Phreesia interface) before coming to the office. This will help streamline the process.
- We know it is a more convenient for you if you bring forms at the time of your child’s visit. For forms you need outside of an appointment, we have implemented a dropbox system outside our office. Simply call our office for instructions.
- If you don’t have a portal account yet, this is a great time to get one, or to set one up. If you need help, call us and ask for Tammy Hill, our Family Liaison, to help you set it up.